I know it has be AWHILE since my last update, but I can't even find time to upload pictures off my camera, let alone sit down, edit them, upload them to here, and then write about them!!!!!! But oh well, I guess some updates are better than none, right???
Well, now that we have been home for two weeks from camping, I finally have a chance to write about it. We were Quail Hunting the first week in October, which is a yearly hunt we go on with a big group of friends, mostly from the zoo. We counted down the days starting weeks before the hunt, Lester couldn't wait. He was his usual camping self!
This was him the first morning having the usual powdered doughnuts and milk with mom and dad!!!! We only ever have them on camping trips and you better believe he would not let me forget them when we were grocery shopping beforehand.
We went on lots of hikes, the dogs were all with us of course, they LOVE camping too! But since the hunt was a week earlier this year than it usually is, we saw LOTS of rattlesnakes this year!!!!!
This one we came upon on one of our hikes. We headed back to camp to get everyone else so they could see it as well. However, when we all returned again, he didn't want to stay in his coil like he had for us the first time we saw him. So of course, Joe being mister native Arizona, snake sticks in hand, wrangled up the snake so everyone could get some pictures of it.
This is him doing his Rattlesnake talk!!!!! Informing us all this is NOT what you are supposed to do if you see a rattlesnake!!!!! We had to reiterate to all the kids that you should leave them alone and go the other way. It was definitely eye opening though having to watch our every step for snakes. Most of the time you know they're out there, but you rarely encounter them. I think a total of 6-10 snakes where seen by our group that weekend!!!! Usually we only see 1 or 2.
Lester also became a master rock climber on this hunting trip. He was all over the place having a great time with the other kids that where with us! He can't wait until the next camping trip already!!!!

1 comment:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? You actually saw Rattle Snakes in the wild while camping???? And then picked them up?!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?! Yes you and your husband are crazy! It was great to see you all today. I am serious when I say we have to get the boys together. As soon as Jacob's session at busy bodies is over we will have Friday mornings open while James is at school so if Friday morning we will have to shoot for that. I think his session runs through March 23rd. You look great! Take care of those little girls!!!
Post a Comment